1 in every 3 women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime, 1 in 5 children will witness violence in their home and tragically, two people die every week from domestic and family violence. Given these statistics, the vast majority of workplaces in Australia have both survivors and perpetrators of violence in the workforce.
Organisations have a critical role to play in enabling change. UN Women National Committee Australia with the Diversity Practitioners Association and QUT Graduate School of Business invite you to explore the practical action businesses can take at the Workplace Responses to Domestic and Family Violence Symposium on Friday 12 May.
The symposium is designed for those influencing, supporting or leading an organisational response to domestic and family violence. The program will be inherently practical, and enable sharing of best practice domestic and family violence policy and responses.
The day will include
· A keynote from the perspective of Penelope Twemlow: CEO Energy Skills Queensland, 2016 Queensland Social Purpose Telstra Business Woman of the Year and domestic violence survivor
· Panel discussion with organisations and academics leading practice in this area led by Janelle Weissman Executive Director, UN Women National Committee Australia. Panelists include:
o Kylie Hall, Regional General Manager Services and Sales – QLD Region, CBA
o Molly Dragiewicz, Associate Professor in QUT’s School of Justice, Faculty of Law, QUT
o Kieran Plasto, Manager Diversity and Inclusion, Aurizon
o Stacey Ong, Senior Manager, Business Performance and Value, PwC
· Two elective practical workshops led by key service providers and experienced practitioners focused on best practice workplace response to:
o Those experiencing domestic violence,
o Those perpetrating domestic violence or
o Workplace leaders and employee bystanders to domestic violence
- 12th of May to coincide with Domestic Violence Prevention Month.
- QUT Executive Centre, Gardens Point Campus
- $90 (inclusive of lunch, morning and afternoon tea)
Please RSVP and provide dietary requirements here: https://qut.onestopsecure.com/OneStopWeb/DomesticFamilyViolenceSymposium