Queensland Women’s Week recognises and celebrates the achievements of Queensland’s women and girls. Everyone has a role to play in creating a supportive and inclusive environment where women and girls can succeed.
This year, to celebrate the QWW theme of “Queensland Women: Be involved. Lead the way”, the Diversity Practitioners Association are excited to hold a TED Talk style event: What works at work: propelling women into leadership!
Whether you are an influencer within your organisation, a diversity practitioner, a current or future woman leader or simply passionate about gender equality, this event is not to be missed!
Nine expert speakers will each delve into a topic which contributes to the empowerment and support of women in leadership roles. Each talk will be delivered in a powerful 15 minute “TED Style” presentations on the following aspects:
- Talent attraction and recruitment: Gemma Lloyd, Co-founder of Diverse City Careers
- Flexibility: Peter McMahon, Head of Culture and Capability at BOQ
- Pay Equity: Glenn Jackson, HR Director at QIC
- Mentoring programs: Kristy Simpkin, Director Clients and Strategy, PwC and President, Women in Technology
- Networks- both internal and external: Balveen Ajimal, CEO of Brisbane Women’s Club
- Balancing Family and Returning to Work: Kylie Sprott, Executive | Director | Advisor | Speaker
- Culture of inclusion: Teagan Dowler, Founder of The Blue Collared Woman
- Professional development: Andrea Smith, Vice President of the Diversity Practitioners Association
- Targets and quotas: Darren Hooper, President of Diversity Practitioners Association
You will walk away with not only an understanding of the spectrum of challenges organisations face in supporting women to leadership, but practical and effective steps that the organisation and you as an individual can take to overcome these.
Date: 9th of March 2017
Time: 11.00am - 2.30pm
Location: QUT Gardens Point - Theatre (Foyer). 2 George Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000
RSVP: Get in quick. Places are limited and you will not want to miss this amazing line-up of speakers.
A light lunch will be provided.
For questions, dietary requirements or media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us on social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Proudly supported by Queensland Government
Event handles: #QWW and #QWW2017